Saturday, May 15, 2010

We have a new hen! Again!

Thursday afternoon Chris brought home another hen and she is UGLY. She has no neck feathers and spots where her feathers must have been plucked out by her basket-mates at the mercado; but she was the only brown one, so Chris picked her. So far she has lasted 48 hours. Maybe we will name her in a couple days! ;) I will try to post pictures soon. The other one didn't make it long enough for that either!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad he gave the ugly thing a home. At least she will have a few more days of life before being eaten (or attacked by a dog!). Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alvaro told us that the chickens without neck feathers are a special kind, and that most people think they are better chickens. Blanca told Chris the same thing or I would have thought Alvaro was pulling our legs! ;) Hopefully are special ugly chicken will be around for a while.

    ReplyDelete