Saturday, May 8, 2010

Another Chicken Incident

So, most of you know about our rooster, KFC. Back in February, he tried to escape and Negra chased him, while Rita (my mother-in-law) and I chased Negra. Jacob was screaming and crying the whole time. Negra slip out of her collar and almost had him when I tackled her! Rita and I were very glad the rest of the team were not around to witness the chase! ;)

For the last couple of weeks, Jacob has been begging for a hen for KFC. This morning, Chris took him to the market and bought a hen. KFC was so happy. He was actually strutting around the pen. Chris left to go pick up our next team. About an hour later, Jacob start screaming and crying. I run out the front door in time to see Negra coming around the side of the house with the hen firmly in her mouth! I yelled at her and she actually dropped it. I then yelled at Josh to come take the hen back to the pen. She seemed ok except for some missing feathers, but then we noticed she wasn't walking and couldn't put weight on her legs. Jaime and Lily checked her out and think she may have broken a leg. So now our hen of less than 24 hours is going to be a chicken dinner. Jacob doesn't want to eat it though, so he gave her to Jaime and Lily to take home. The kids are learning alot down here, but I don't think I am ready for us all to see the process of a chicken becoming dinner.

I guess we will be buying another hen this week.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sad and so funny at the same time! Poor chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was about to have a long and happy life as a pet! I really feel bad. :(

    ReplyDelete